Sunday, February 9, 2014

Truck Woes

Since our truck was sitting at the service center in the dealership, I had to take Josie to work yesterday so that I would have wheels for the full day she was going to work. There was an outside chance that we would have to pick up the truck during the day. No such luck. The drive to Josie's work in the AM was at a good time to catch the sunrise at 7 AM:


Sunrise is always beautiful when there are some clouds in the sky.

I didn't get a shot Friday of the rental car we are driving from Hertz while the truck is in the shop. Here it is:


It may look like a neat car, but we would never buy one. I can hardly get in and out of the thing without bumping my head on the roof, or without going through contortions to get my legs in. Josie feels like a little kid sitting in her seat as she sits so low. I would probably have a different opinion if I were 25 years old again.

The news on the truck isn't good. The dealership couldn't contact anybody at the warranty company. After checking my paperwork, I discovered that they are only open Monday-Friday, so we will not get any authorization to do the repairs until at least Monday morning. I may have a fight on my hands to get them to cover our rental car, as there is no language in the contract that addresses an alternative vehicle while repairs are being done. We had AAA handle the towing which is normally reimbursed by the warranty, so maybe I'll have an argument there. The other problem is that the entire cab on the truck needs to be unbolted and raised in order to reach the  bad part. I see dollar signs galore for labor costs to do the repair.

I went for my bike ride during the day and took this shot of the south ramp at the marina where there were many sailboats out on the water:


Since it is starting to warm up again, I guess many folks decided to use this Saturday to get back out onto the water to enjoy the sun.

I picked up Josie at work at 5 PM and we made a stop at the store on the way home to get our groceries that we had planned to get before the truck died. She had a long day and was happy to be home.

Today is the training class at the Surprise Stadium for our spring training gig. That is expected to last four hours, so today is pretty much planned out for us...




No comments:

Post a Comment