Monday, February 3, 2014

Knockout!

 
 
 
That picture taken from our TV after the Super Bowl and this one as the game ended say it all:
 
 
 
The Seattle Seahawks are World Champions and the game wasn't ever close. They dominated every aspect of the game and the Broncos looked like they didn't even belong on the same field. The first hint that it was going to be a long night for Denver came on the very first play of the game when the snap from center sailed over Peyton Manning's head for a Seattle safety. It was pure joy to watch. The other good news is that this Seahawks team tied the record for youngest team to win the Super Bowl - average of 26.4 years of age. They should be back again next year.
 
The day started with a disappointment yesterday as I watched the final round of the Dubai Desert Golf Classic in Europe. My favorite to win - Rory McIlroy - faded and finished out of the running. That tournament was won by a Scotsman - Stephen Gallacher. It didn't get any better as I watched the final round of the Phoenix Open where my favorite to win - Bubba Watson - also faded at the end and he lost to Kevin Stadler who won for the first time in his career.
 
With those two disappointments, I was holding my breath for the Seahawks, but they didn't disappoint. Josie and I both were high fiving almost every good play, and there were many.
 
The fun sports weekend is over and it is back to the normal routine. Josie starts her marathon schedule for Valentine's Day at the flower shop and I will get started on our taxes. Yesterday was a day I'll always remember...



No comments:

Post a Comment