Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Frustration

There have been several occasions where I reported poor customer service experiences. I hit another one yesterday. As you probably know, our truck broke down on Friday and was towed to the Ford dealership in Peoria for repairs. Here we are on Tuesday morning and we still have no authorization from the warranty company to perform the repairs, and it will be at least a 2-3 day job.

By 10:30 AM yesterday I still had not heard from the service consultant at the dealership that is handling our problem. I called to get a status update and he indicated he was so busy, he hadn't had a chance to contact them yet. I gave him another hour to get back to me with some information. I tried calling him again, and he was with a customer. I waited some more. By noon, I was so frustrated I called and asked for the service manager.

After a five minute conversation with him, he took charge of the problem. His excuse for the service consultant was that several service consultants called in sick yesterday, and mine was doing work for those, plus his own. The manager promised that they would take care of the car rental up to the point that the warranty begins coverage for the rental - when authorization to proceed with repairs is given. The manager called back an hour later and told me he faxed some information to the warranty company and he expected to get an authorization after they reviewed the data. When I didn't hear anything after  about 3 hours, I called the warranty company myself to get an update and they claimed they never received any information from the dealer! Sheesh! At 5 PM I again called the manager at the dealership to inform him and he promised to follow up again. What do people do to justify these high salaries that they all are getting paid these days? I'm frustrated - and disgusted.

At least at this point, it looks like we will not have to pay anything for the rental car as long as we need to use it. I'm sure we aren't out of the woods yet on this experience.

Josie drove the rental to work yesterday, and will again today and for the foreseeable future. So far, there have been no problems with that so our fingers are crossed. Could we have yet another frustrating day? I hope not...

No comments:

Post a Comment