Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Authorization Received

There was a phone call from the dealership early yesterday informing me of the authorization from the warranty company to proceed with the repairs. It is great that this step is finally completed, but frustration continues.

It seems that the warranty will cover everything except: special clamps, nuts/bolts and coolant required to complete the fix. Can you believe that these items total around $150? They also will not cover any of the car rental since it isn't in the contract. The dealership has indicated that they will cover the amount on the car rental through Monday, and perhaps a couple more days. The job is not expected to be completed until Thursday or Friday since they had to order the parts and the labor required will take that long. The bill for the repair will be around $3,000, of which I will be responsible for about $250 plus any rental charges not covered by the dealer - and includes my $100 deductible. I told Josie I will never - ever - have any vehicle without some kind of warranty coverage, no matter how old it gets, or how many miles it has. What a rip-off! The warranty has more than paid for itself with this experience, and there are still 3.5 years remaining on the term.

I may have a tough time taking the Mustang away from Josie who is enjoying the drive to work every day. Talk about opposites. She goes from driving the one-ton dually truck to a small, sporty Mustang. I guess that would create some excitement. She will drive it to work again today, and maybe tomorrow, depending on the progress at the dealership.

I received the rest of my tax data in the mail yesterday, so that is on my schedule to complete this week. It should be straight forward and fairly easy this year, so I will tackle that beginning today...

No comments:

Post a Comment