Thursday, February 28, 2013

Small Crowds

Yesterday was our first day back to work for our first full week. So far, the crowds have been disappointing at the games. We have averaged, I would guess, about 2000 per game so far. This is the first year that the games have started in February. Usually, they begin on March 1st and run just for the month. The extra week this year has probably resulted in the initial small crowds. That, plus the teams usually play all the minor league players and "players on the bubble" the first few games to get a good look at them before sending them back to the farm teams. Not many people are interested in watching the minor league players play in games. The crowds will pick up in March when the teams begin playing their starters and we can watch quality baseball. Nonetheless, we are getting valuable experience on our job.

The biggest complaint that I have is the relatively long hours that I have to spend entirely on my feet. I'm not used to working without any opportunity to sit at all. My back is paying the price. Josie has more realistic hours and is probably averaging about 4 to 5 hours a day vs my 7 to 9. I expected some longer days when I signed on for the Lead job, but I'm getting tired with these long hours. I'm glad it's only a month longer to work.

Today was our final weigh-in for the month of February. Our dieting is right on track. Josie has lost 20 pounds and I have lost 23 since January 1. We are determined to stay the course this time on our weight loss and hope that we have changed our eating habits for good. Our clothes are fitting much better and we feel great overall about achieving our weight loss goals. We should be pretty close to our goals by the time we arrive in Jackson for our summer jobs.

I expect the day to be a little shorter today as we will close the concession after the 7th inning today to allow for preparation for a night game of high school play. We have to get everything wrapped up by the time the regular game ends which should be about 4 PM today. It will be nice to get in a short day for a change...

No comments:

Post a Comment