Friday, February 8, 2013

Ready for Spring Training

One of the requirements for us to work at Spring Training is to acquire or to have non-slip shoes. They recommended the non-slip shoes that are available at Walmart, so we took a trip to the new Walmart in our area and we each purchased a pair of the Tredsafe working shoes for about $24 per pair. They aren't the kind of shoes you would wear on a daily basis so it's good that they are tax deductible. Even with a tax deduction, they aren't shoes we would be buy at any price. So now we are ready to begin work at the stadium.

There was an unscheduled visit to my local hearing aid office yesterday. While taking off one of my hearing aids to shower following our workout, the tiny plastic tube, or canal, broke off from the shell that goes in the ear. The hearing aids are still under warranty, but they had to send it back to the manufacturer for repair which means I have to use one of my old ones until it is returned sometime next week. The old one is no match for the new one and it is driving me crazy already. Besides, I have to wear two non-matching hearing aids for the time it takes to repair the new one. It's easy to hear the difference in technologies by wearing one of each. I'm thinking that this is going to be a continuing problem with these new hearing aids as the plastic canal is very thin and I can see how it will break with the amount of bending and twisting it goes through each day. I hope I'm wrong about that.

Josie begins working tomorrow at the flower shop and it is also the day for the Mardi Gras party next door. There is a chance for rain tomorrow, so I hope it holds off at least through tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment