Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Chores Day

Nearly the entire day yesterday was spent getting some of the dreaded shredding done. There are 5 boxes of documents left and I need to buckle down and get them done before we leave. I supplemented that activity by trying to locate where our W2's are from Holiday Retirement. I remembered that last year, shortly after we started working there, that the W2's were all sent to the Communities where the individuals worked or did work during the previous year. After playing a little phone tag, I finally spoke to someone at Corporate, and also someone at the Community, and our W2's are nowhere to be found. Corporate has indicated that they will reprint them and send them to our address here in Surprise. I will have to wait until we receive them to begin on our taxes. It's a good thing I started the search when I did.

I came across several interesting documents while going through the files. I found some old letters from the War Department that were sent to Nan regarding my father's burial location in Holland and several others that I will scan and share with the family. The problem I'm having with the shredding is that I need to read every document in some of the files and I don't want to destroy anything that has a relevance to something, or someone, we all care about.

Today starts my duty as a delivery driver at the shop where Josie has been working. We both need to be there at 7:30 to get things started, so I'll end this entry here and pick up again tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment