Sunday, November 18, 2012

RV Self Repair

On Wednesday I talked about the water pressure problem and the fact that I made an appointment on the 29th to have a tech come repair the fresh water connection. The more we thought about waiting until the 29th and spending, probably, close to $100 for the repair, I decided to attempt it myself. I am always fearful of doing these kinds of repairs myself because I inevitably create more problems than I started out to fix. This one just didn't seem that complicated or difficult. Here is a shot of the original connection with the quick-connect adapter locked onto the connector:





The main reason I initially rejected the idea of self repair was because the rear of the connector was very difficult to reach to disconnect the threaded end that was behind the connector. I recruited Josie to help with the removal of the old connector. We went to the local RV dealer and parts store in town and bought a replacement connector for $17. With Josie's help, we did the repair in about a half hour, reconnected a new quick connect adapter, turned on the fresh water and we were set to go. Here's the new setup:




Now I just need to call the mobile tech tomorrow and cancel our appointment for the 29th.  

We spent the afternoon sitting on our porch and going through magazines that we need to decide whether to keep or throw away. While doing that, we discussed more about this Christmas season. We are getting anxious to get our storage units consolidated and part of that consolidation is getting our Christmas decorations out for this year. Much of those decorations will be used for the last time this year, such as our electric deer that we used for about 5 years before we hit the road.  

Today may be a day where we drive to the east side of Phoenix to view some new RV (port) homes that are being advertised near the Superstition Mountains in Gold Canyon. They look like the nice homes we saw while we were in Laughlin and, according to the ad, are very affordable. We hope to get the real scoop on those...

No comments:

Post a Comment