Monday, November 5, 2012

Catching up With Family

Prior to leaving for Brian and Amy's home at around 3:30 yesterday afternoon, we spent most of the day going from store to store looking for my files solution. We went to Surprise Furniture, R C Rattan and Wicker, Surprise Crossing, Fry's Marketplace and Pier 1 Imports before ending up back at Office Max where we started the day before. I ended up buying one of the first solutions I saw two days ago at Office Max. But I feel like I searched enough to feel satisfied that I have the best solution. Below is a photo of the two wire mesh file cabinets with a smaller, plastic container sitting on top for my loose items:


They are very light and do a good job of hiding the files inside. It also fits nicely in the space we had planned for the files. Now, I just need to do the work to fill them with the stuff I have been keeping in boxes and just lying around the table area.

We received an email from the owner of our space we are renting telling us that the previous owner, Carole, will be emptying the storage shed as soon as she is able to but it seems there is an issue with the shed not being in compliance with Association rules. It may end up that we don't get the use of the shed while we are here and we were hoping that we could use it to help us sort through our goods from the 2 storage units we have. We'll have to work out a plan B, I guess.

Our dinner at Brian and Amy's was a lot of fun and we caught up some more on what the families have been doing since we last got together. I took several photos, but the one below has everybody but Jason in it and I think he was somewhere inside watching a football game on TV. Just let it be said that those kids are growing very fast, and Jesse is almost as tall as Jason:



We were able to get some good information on how our (George and I) father died in WWII. Brian has been doing research on the Internet and established contact with some individuals who were fighting very close to him during the time he was killed. Hopefully, we will be able to get enough detail to close that unknown chapter in our lives.

Today we will get what we hope to be the final water pump we will ever need for our fifth wheel. More on that tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment