Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day of Healing

Evidently, I pulled a muscle in my lower abdomen while exercising the other day. It has been getting worse the last couple days, so we skipped the workout the last 2 days and I gave it total rest yesterday. At first, we thought it might even be a hernia, but it seems to be feeling a bit better this morning, so we'll hold off on any professional opinions for now. We do some weight exercises following our treadmill program and I added too much weight to the abdominal apparatus. There is no question that you have to work into more weight rather than taking a shortcut by adding big chunks too fast. I really know better, so I don't know what came over me. Maybe thinking that I can lose this extra fat quicker by adding more weight to the exercise faster than normal was the way to go. Wrong.

As a result of resting the muscles, we didn't go anywhere - except to the grocery store in the afternoon. I did get a chance to spend more time trying to recover my lost files on the computer. This computer definitely has a short life ahead. The tech support from Davis, the company that manufactures and markets my weather equipment indicated that the Vista operating system I'm using has shortcomings for recovering data. Thanks for that good news. We worked on several options to try to make the data that I located work with the new version of the software that Davis downloaded to me last week. We did not succeed, so my next step is to try once again to locate the original data on my backup hard drive. I will give that a shot today.

Josie did some laundry and did a roast in our crock pot yesterday which turned out to be delicious. We need to use that more often as it always creates a great meal. Even though we didn't go anywhere yesterday, we enjoyed the smell of the roast cooking. That's the part that you miss when you normally use the crock pot to cook meals while you are away someplace.

It's another beautiful, sunny day in Arizona so we'll try to find some way to take advantage of the beautiful weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment