Thursday, July 4, 2019

Split Results

The two situations that we were dealing with yesterday turned out to have split results. The first one, recovering the "lost" package from UPS, turned out successfully. I received an email from UPS at 12:30 PM that the package was delivered to the Visitor Center. I immediately drove to the Center and picked up the fabric for our awning. We are now set to have it installed, on schedule, on the 10th of July.

The second situation didn't turn out quite so well. The Audiology staff at the St John's Medical Center aren't nearly as savvy as my home staff in Surprise, AZ. They were not knowledgeable with the model of hearing aid that I use. In a nutshell, there is a problem (static) with the receiver and we ended up calling my Audiologist (Shane) in AZ to get help. So, I ended up getting a temporary receiver to use while mine is sent to the factory for repair. The temporary receiver doesn't perform real well with communicating with my other receiver and there is a "buzzing" sound that is audible to anyone standing next to me. I will have to find out how to best work with this temporary fix. I should have my receiver back in about a week to 10 days. Fortunately, the receiver is still under warranty. The blessing is that my own Audiologist was so terrific in helping to resolve the problem.

Today, we celebrate the 4th of July by going to the parade in town at 10 AM and going to the fireworks at 10 PM. Our coworkers from the Visitor Center have a nice gathering at 8 PM where we all get to enjoy a great view of the fireworks when they begin. It is the same location where we last enjoyed the fireworks in 2017.

Have a great 4th of July everybody!!


No comments:

Post a Comment