Friday, January 4, 2019

Diet Stall

One of the (annual) resolutions each year is to diet. We do a fairly good job each year sticking to our commitments but it is getting a bit tougher now. We have much more "junk" food to get rid of before starting a real diet - muffins, pies, candy, chips, cookies, popcorn, etc. Most of the Christmas season goodies are gone, but there remains some things that are just too good and too expensive to just toss in the garbage. I suspect that we will be totally rid of those temptations in less than a week. Then, we can get real serious about sticking to our diets. Actually, Josie doesn't need to be on a diet as she has been really good about keeping her food intake to a minimum at work. I am shooting to lose about 30 pounds and Josie just needs to maintain. I need to begin soon before I lose sight of my goal.

Part of the diet plan is to step up the exercise at the rec center. I have been lax in doing my regular schedule during the holidays which is easy to do. Discipline is the key now if I can just remove the obstacles.

Speaking of discipline, I think we will make a trip to the store today to stock up on some real diet foods...

No comments:

Post a Comment