Monday, January 14, 2019

Birthday Dinner

Since Josie had to work today we decided to celebrate my birthday a day early by going to dinner. We chose the Longhorn Steakhouse where we haven't eaten in ages. We also decided to go early to avoid crowds and to combine our lunch and dinner. Believe it or not, at 1:30 PM there was a waiting list and we didn't get seated until almost 2 PM. We certainly understand why this place is so popular. The food was terrific and, even though we had a couple minor service issues, it was a great way to celebrate my birthday. I even got to take home a nice (gratis) slice of cheese cake. I'm good for another year now.

Now that my birthday is over, I will restart my diet plan tomorrow. The plan is to stock up today on my required diet foods and put away the heavy carb foods. I'm hoping to have reached my target weight by around the middle of March. The real challenge, as always, will be to maintain the new weight over a long period of time. It's just not in my genes to be a skinny person.

The football playoffs are going just about as predicted. I hope that the KC Chiefs can pull an upset over the Patriots next weekend so we can enjoy some new faces in the Super Bowl...


No comments:

Post a Comment