Sunday, December 13, 2015

Strange Weather Patterns

I have seen occasions where the weather may be opposite the normal trends, but this is crazy. The entire east coast is basking in summer weather while the west is freezing and digging out from snow storms. We have only had some light rain locally, but it went down to 12 degrees in Flagstaff last night (36 here in Glendale) and there is snow all over northern Arizona. It was near 70 degrees in Chicago from what I saw yesterday. The only thing I can think is that the east will be digging out from blizzards while we are enjoying 70-80 degrees here. El Nino is one thing, but this has been ridiculous.

It appears that my approach of placing baggies over the electrical connections is working on our outside lights. At least so far. Everything worked fine last night even though we only had light rain. I think I'll leave everything the way it is.

There is a big game today for the Seahawks. They play the Baltimore Ravens and can get closer to clinching a playoff spot with a win. I don't doubt that they will make the playoffs and if they continue to play the way they are, may meet the Cardinals for the third time this year in the NFC Championship. That would be a tough game to watch even though I would be happy with either team winning. Well, I would still root for the Seahawks in that game. We're getting to the point now where the cream will rise to the top for the end of the season...

No comments:

Post a Comment