Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Cover Removed

The main event yesterday was removing the cover from the fifth wheel and having the pictures taken by the insurance company. It was a more difficult effort to remove the cover than I had planned. I ended up having the insurance adjuster help with the removal - he went up on the roof and did the tough part of unhooking the cover from the roof A/C and all the other vent covers and snags that occurred. The pictures are taken and the RV is ready to go to wherever they say to take it for the repairs. Of course, I still have to locate a truck or some means to have it hauled to the repair location.

I also took a couple shots of the fifth wheel as I was disappointed to see that another RV was moved into the area next to ours and was very close to our unit:



Now, it is impossible to open the slides on the one side without moving the fifth wheel out from the space. That won't happen without a truck to move it. Anyway, I'm glad to get that step out of the way. I expect to hear back from the insurance company either today or tomorrow about the next step.

Josie and I went to Costco for a few items late in the afternoon when she got off work and then we finished the day at the Red Robin for dinner - had a couple terrific burgers...

No comments:

Post a Comment