Saturday, December 19, 2015

New F350 King Ranch

Yesterday was a day of surprises. We had been talking about getting another truck so that we could have full use of our fifth wheel again. Well, I went to Peoria Ford who advertised a new 2016 King Ranch that they had just received in stock so I decided to go take a look. There was no way that I anticipated spending the entire afternoon at the dealership and driving away with the truck. Yes, we are back to a single vehicle and (almost) back to being flexible again with our fifth wheel. Because it was month end - and year end - at the dealership, they were not going to allow me to leave without making a deal. They did all the right things and made a deal I couldn't refuse. The clincher was the trade-in offers on our two vehicles plus a new financing program that made the decision very easy.

These are some shots of the new F350 King Ranch:




I am also grateful to have a wife who doesn't lock me out of the house when I do impulsive things like that. We agreed that we needed another truck in order to utilize our fifth wheel again, but the timing was not necessarily the best - Merry Christmas.

I now have to get a fifth wheel hitch installed and we will be ready to go. Our problem of getting the fifth wheel to Jackson this summer is solved, and we will once again be positioned to take advantage of the mobility that we once enjoyed.

There will be other surprises along the way as we continue to plan for the future and our eventual, total retirement...

No comments:

Post a Comment