Thursday, December 10, 2015

Eye Exams

Josie and I both had our annual eye exams yesterday. We have been having some problems with our vision and it was time to get things checked out. I have some changes in my glasses prescription and some worsening in my cataracts, but Josie has more serious concerns. There is some activity behind her retina that will require an Ophthalmologist evaluation. She has scheduled an appointment with one for as soon as they can take her which is in early January. The problem is one that could deteriorate into very serious vision loss, and even blindness. We are keeping our fingers crossed on this one. At any rate, the Dr said she should not get her glasses changed as the problem now is not her glasses, but her vision in general.

Today we have appointments with our Dermatologist as follow up to an earlier appointment a few months ago. I have had some blotching on my skin and Josie has a problem with one of her thumbs that has a sore that doesn't want to heal. I guess we are at the "breaking down" age and these things are bound to occur in everybody- eventually. We are being inundated with co-pays these days but we are thankful that we have Medicare - as bad as it is getting. The Government - specifically, Obama -  is doing everything it can to eliminate Medicare entirely. That's another subject for another day.

Also today, I have some follow-up to do with the insurance claim we submitted for the fifth wheel repairs. It promises to be and exciting day...

No comments:

Post a Comment