Thursday, September 10, 2015

Visit to Town Dump

It sounds like we paid a visit to a place where trash would be deposited and nothing but junk was there. It was pretty close. Josie has been wanting to re-visit this place in Carefree where lots of rustic - and rusty - furniture, pottery, outdoor figures and other junk, is available for sale. We made the trip to Carefree yesterday to check out the place to see if there might be something that would be interesting for us to have at our house. This is the sign of the Town Dump:


It really is "one of the world's most unusual stores".

Here are a couple shots of the "stuff" they have on sale:



That is only a small portion of the goods available for sale, but gives you an idea of the kind of place it is. It is actually fun to see these items that will most likely be there forever although, I guess, there are some folks that may be looking for these types of items for their own properties.

We returned home after stopping for a Blizzard at the local DQ in town.

I also had my pre-registration appointment at the hospital in the morning. Everything is now a "go" for tomorrow, and I have to say that I am not looking forward to the experience. I will not be in a room for the night but instead will spend the day and night in the Intensive Care Unit before being discharged on Saturday morning - if all is well. That is really scary, as I guess I didn't realize how serious this surgery was, and how important it is to keep a close watch during the first 24 hours following the surgery. The surgery is scheduled for 7:20 AM on Friday and is a two hour procedure. I will be glad when it's all over...

No comments:

Post a Comment