Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Number 8 and Hopefully the Last

As I was sitting at my desk this morning working on my computer, Josie came into my den and immediately walked over a scorpion. It is the first one to be spotted in the den, and the eighth one overall. Most of them have been spotted within the last week. Fortunately, the exterminator is scheduled this morning between 10 AM and noon. It is mind boggling to us how we are suddenly being infested with these creatures. Let's hope it ends today.

Also scheduled today is the planting of our new tree by Moon Valley Nursery. That is suppose to take place at 6:45 AM this morning. We hope to see some rapid growth from this tree over the next couple years - if the scorpions don't chase us away in the meantime. The exterminator should take care of that problem and we will be set to enjoy the home the way we expected.

I have not heard back from Verizon regarding our reception. I spoke with representative number 4 yesterday who promised to get back to me before his shift ended. I never heard from him and he joins a growing list of broken promises from Verizon. It turns out that I located a corner of the window on the northwest side of the room where I can get 4G reception. I haven't decided yet how I'm going to handle Verizon when I do talk to them - eventually. I will cross that bridge when I get to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment