Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Car Repair

I took the Jeep into the dealership yesterday to have the "check engine" light problem fixed. Four hours and $230 later I left the dealership. It was an emissions control valve that was bad and it was a $200 part. Of course, the days of the $50 part are long gone. That brings me to another point. I heard that cereal prices, along with all other food prices, are going through the roof. For no apparent reason. You can't find cereal in the stores anymore for less than $4 per box, and that buys you about 4 or 5 bowls of cereal. It's cereal this week, next week it will be something else that has prices going through the roof. As Josie says, everything keeps going up except our income. Oh. well.

We have the landscaper scheduled today to begin the work on our backyard improvements. We have the pavers and the artificial grass from Lake Pleasant that we want to use, and he will utilize those for as far as they will go. I will most likely have to buy a few more pavers and maybe another roll of grass, but for the most part, the materials are there. It will be a nice change to our backyard. We also wanted to put a pergola out back but they are so expensive we will probably wait on that for now. The back yard will certainly be ready for use this winter.

My doctor's appointment went well yesterday. The doctor cleared me for resuming all physical activity again. There have been no problems with the recovery for which I am thankful. I will have to go back in about two weeks to have a scan performed to make sure all is well with the device he planted near my abdomen. Then, it will be once a year for the scan to make sure all is performing well. I sure hope the visits to the doctor and, especially to the hospital, are done for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment