Tuesday, September 15, 2015

More Progress

When I called to make a follow up appointment with my doctor yesterday, I was able to actually speak to him. The office assistant happened to be on the phone with him when I called, so she patched me through directly to him. He indicated that it would fine to remove the dressings around the incisions - except for the strips that protect the stitches - and to begin normal showering activity. I was happy to take my first full shower since before the surgery. I have my follow up appointment scheduled for September 28.

We also had the landscaper out yesterday to remove the dead Queen Palm trees that we lost during the hot period between the previous tenants leaving and our move-in when the water was shut off. It wasn't that long a period - maybe one long week. I talked to him about getting a quote to us for laying the pavers and the artificial grass we brought with us from Lake Pleasant. We aren't sure yet how far we want to go with that improvement to the yard, so we will have to wait for his quote. We don't want to spend a lot of money buying more materials when we only plan to live here for a few years. Right now, our yard looks pretty good with the dead palms removed.

I have been dealing with some issues with Verizon over our reception here at the house. We should be getting strong, 4G signals where we are located, but we are only getting weak, 3G signals. They are investigating the cause, and I expect to hear something back from them today. They have been investigating this problem since the middle of last week. As long as the solution doesn't include buying any new equipment, I'll be happy. They have a way of forcing upgrades to equipment on folks to fix problems that are a result of their network shortcomings. Once again, maybe it's time to think about switching to another provider...

No comments:

Post a Comment