Sunday, September 13, 2015

Recovering

There wasn't much that I could do yesterday but rest. The recovery will take some time as I cannot lift anything over 5 pounds for the next four weeks and my physical activity has to belimited for the next week or so. That means no treadmill, no swimming pool, no hiking or biking and certainly no physical activity around the house that requires heavy exertion. I do have lots of things I can do on the computer and in the den to get organized, so this will be a great opportunity to get that done. I'm feeling good, so I don't want to take any chances.

The fact that the temperatures are beginning to cool is a good sign. I will at least be able to sit outside during the day and enjoy some fresh air. It was 108 here yesterday and I'm hoping that it will not go that high again for the rest of the year. The forecast for the next week shows most days with highs in the 90's with the exception of today which will be around 102.

I wasn't able to get Austin's football game on TV in our area but it turns out to be blessing. They lost (43-17) to a team (Georgia Southern) that they should have beaten and it makes for a tough start to the season at 0-2. A bowl game this year will be a real stretch. As Patty says, it probably improves the chances of their spending Christmas in AZ if there is no bowl game to travel to. There is always a bright side.

I guess I can get started on my tough day of relaxing. There will be many more ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment