Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Taking Shape

Among the other chores I did yesterday was a drive by the new house to see if they started the framing. When I arrived there in the early afternoon, there were people working all around the house and there was some heavy equipment being used so I didn't stay to get a close look. Instead, I returned in the evening with Josie to check out the progress. We have the start of the framing and enough of it was done to see each room and visualize how it was going to look. Below are a couple shots of the status:



They did a lot in one day. Everything looked good to us except for one potential problem. The second den that we are planning to use as an exercise room had a wall constructed in the front of the room where it is suppose to be open to the hallway. I sent an email to the construction manager to ask if that was normal and if the wall was going to be removed later. Interesting.

I showed a photo yesterday of one of the burros that Josie spotted on her way to work. Well, coming home from our house visit we spotted the whole herd - or what appeared to be the whole herd - on the side of the road as we turned onto the road that fronts the resort. Another shot of the whole group is below:


We counted five in this group and that is what we remembered for this local family. Sometimes we go weeks and maybe months without seeing them and then we see them on consecutive days.

I have a work day scheduled today so we won't be home together until probably 9 PM tonight. In a way, I like the late schedule for my shift because it still gives me most of the day for other activities. On the other hand, it messes up the day for both of us. Oh well, it is what it is for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment