Tuesday, March 17, 2015

More Incompetency

First of all, the re-paving project on Carefree Highway has caused mass delays. Josie got stuck for 10 minutes when she left for work in the AM, I got stuck for 35 minutes when I left an hour later to get the hitch work done on the Escape, and I waited one hour on my return trip from Glendale at noon. The problem is that there are no alternate routes and we are at the mercy of the construction project for as long as it lasts.

My experience at the B & M Hitch company in Glendale with the Escape was totally forgettable. I arrived at 10 AM and waited until after 10:30 before they took the vehicle in to have the hitch installed. 20 minutes later they called me to the front desk to inform me that they didn't have the right parts. The individual that took the order over the phone wrote "Explorer" on the work order as the model instead of "Escape". He tried to tell me that it was I who gave the wrong model information and that pissed me off even more as I told him I never had an Explorer and would not mistake it for the Escape. I didn't argue and just made another appointment to try again on Thursday when they can get the right parts in stock.

Josie had an especially long day at work yesterday as one of the girls is on a two week vacation and traveling to Iceland. That sounds like an unusual choice for a vacation but, evidently, there is some kind of rare eclipse that is only (totally) visible from that area of the world. Hmm. I'll take 80 and sunshine if you don't mind.

It should be a normal, quiet day today as Josie has a regular day scheduled and I will hang out at the fifth wheel to avoid all the construction headaches...

No comments:

Post a Comment