Friday, March 13, 2015

Quick in and Out

We arrived right on time at 6:30 yesterday for my Colonoscopy procedure. The paperwork and preliminary stuff was all completed and I was in the prep room at 7 AM where they connected me to all the heart and blood pressure monitoring stuff and plugged the anesthetic needle into my hand. I was in the "operating" room at 7:10  and they put me under me under for the procedure. I woke up at 7:40 in the recovery room and Josie and I were out of there by 7:50 AM. That's the fastest I ever had that done and the doctor said everything looks good, but he took the usual precautionary biopsies to make sure and I will hear back on those next week some time. I'm sure everything is OK as I have had no complaints or discomfort. We had a nice breakfast at the 40th St CafĂ© around the corner immediately following the procedure at 8 AM. Chalk that off for another two years.

I was not allowed to drive all day, so I spent the day at home, catching up on computer stuff. I also took a picture of the setup for the Bill Luke Bass Days which begins today. Here is a shot of the area where the weekend celebration will be held:


I guess I could have gotten a closer view of all the rides and concessions, but you get the idea. It looks like a carnival, and probably will be. We may get to go later today.

Josie is off today and since our meeting at the house  is next week instead of today, we will probably just hang out and do some things around the fifth wheel. There is a major highway resurfacing project on the Carefree Highway which is causing huge backups, so we will try to stay away from driving anywhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment