Saturday, August 16, 2014

Picked Up a Bug

It has been many years since I got sick like I did the last two days. I began to feel problems with my stomach yesterday AM as we went to work on our overtime day. It seemed to improve as the morning progressed, and by the time we got off work at 3 PM, it was about normal. Then, at 3 AM this morning I got the same stomach pains, only worse. I ended up losing my cookies at 4:30 AM and then got the chills. Josie helped me with some Alka Seltzer and then a blanket when I got the chills. We have no idea what brought that on, but can only guess that maybe something I ate at Eleanor's on Friday didn't agree with my system.

I slept in until 10 AM this morning and feel like I should be ready to go back to work at 3 PM today. I'll just take it easy this morning and the rest of the time before going to work, and will definitely watch what I eat today.

Our shift at work served to remind us how much easier the first shift is to work. Checking-out guests is so much easier than check-ins, and there aren't anywhere near the complaints for room locations, noise and other problems with the rooms. Also, the telephone hardly rings at all in the morning. We hope - and we suspect - that management knows how much harder we work in the afternoons and evenings. If they would only show us in the form of more pay, it would make us happier. That's a topic for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment