Friday, November 8, 2019

Welcomed Day Off

I had to start the day yesterday with my eye appointment. At 7:30 AM and coming off a strenuous week at Amazon, It was not my favorite task. I didn't even get to see the Doctor until 8:15 after several tests were run on my eyes and, basically, a complete eye exam. The Doctor said my problem eye looks good and my change in prescription for glasses would be minimal. I passed on getting a new prescription and will be set to go for another year.

Josie caught up on laundry while I was gone and we took a trip to the store after I got back from my appointment. It was, generally, a day of doing nothing but relaxing and trying to get Josie in the right frame of mind to continue at Amazon. I think we have agreed to continue - for now.

The payroll system works as we already received our pay - direct deposit - for our one day of Orientation last Saturday. The rest of our week will be paid next Friday which is always payday.

There is still the issue of the truck repairs that is outstanding. I have decided to take it to a local collision shop to get the work done. Since the insurance is so bad and is not picking up a portion of the repair, I have to make sure I get the best bang for the buck. More research will be done on that issue today. The net of that whole experience is that I will be anxious to change insurance companies - again - when all the work is done. The discussions that Josie and I are having regarding the truck and the RV have been directed toward finding a way to sell both - the truck and RV - and settle down for at least the foreseeable future....

No comments:

Post a Comment