Tuesday, November 12, 2019

First Casualty

It was another day of stress and uncomfortable results for Josie. She signed out about two hours early as she was feeling sick and not getting any comfortable feeling at all about her work. We stopped by the desk of the HR folks and tried to get another task assigned for her. There are no openings in any of the other departments at this time so it looks like she has to either quit or take a chance on openings occurring soon. My recommendation is that she cut her ties with Amazon and try getting back to the flower shop for the holiday season where she is much more comfortable.

I'm not sure what I'll do other than complete this week myself. That means two more days for me and then we can figure out a longer term solution. I've come to the conclusion that we are no longer "spring chickens" and need to find work that is more suitable for people our age. The last two jobs - the pumpkin patch and Amazon - are jobs for people that are closer to 35 years old rather than 80. We'll learn.

I went to bed at halftime of the Seahawks/49er's game last night and it was 10-7 in favor of the 49er's - good game. This morning I saw the final - 27-24 Seattle in OT. It turned into a great game. The chase is on for the NFL West Division crown....

No comments:

Post a Comment