Saturday, November 2, 2019

D-Day at Amazon

This is it. Our re-introduction to the Amazon "family" occurs today at 1 PM. Although it is only orientation, it promises to be a half day full of information that we will have to digest in a short time. Fortunately, we have experience with them and feel like it cannot be that different from what we did previously - except that our function is a new one. Picking is a much faster pace than stowing which is what we did in Campbellsville, KY. Also, it was 7 years ago that we had that experience so we expect to see some changes and to (probably) feel more fatigued at the end of the day. Wish us luck. The real work starts tomorrow at 7:30 AM, so this is just a warm up.

Sometime during our days off I will try to schedule a time to take the truck into a collision shop for repairs from our tire blowout. I expect to go to the shop where I already have an estimate and try to get them to work with Progressive to agree on a price. That may be as difficult as getting the Pope to convert to Judaism.

My eye appointment that was originally scheduled for Wednesday was moved to Thursday - our first day off - at 7:30 AM. Too bad that my first day off means I still have to get up early for this appointment but you take what you can get in the medical field.

I will miss watching football games on Sundays, but can copy the good ones to watch later and I can still watch college games on Saturdays except for today....

No comments:

Post a Comment