Saturday, November 16, 2019

Amazon Gig Ends

I worked the half day of voluntary OT yesterday at Amazon. I resigned after the shift ended but left the door open a crack in case I decided to return for any reason. They allowed me to stay on as a reserve and have the opportunity to return before the end of the season. It' isn't likely that will happen.

I am in the mode now of preparing a strict budget for us to follow to get control of our expenses. I can't plan for the emergencies - like the truck repair - but can still have some kind of reserve fund for those occasions. The budget will include only employment by Josie as that is something she wants to do - part time, if possible, during holidays. I will not work unless it becomes absolutely necessary. I will provide updates as we go along.

Maybe we can finally have an opportunity to join most of our neighbors in the garage sale game. We have been ignoring the "mess" in the garage since we moved in and need to get rid of lots of old stuff. Every week there are garage sales in our neighborhood and people in this area are drawn to those sales like flies. Every garage sale creates a traffic jam on the street in front of those houses. I know that it takes a lot of preparation, but I also understand that it can be very profitable - as opposed to donating everything to charity. There are also some items in our house that need to go. We wish Patty were here to help go through those things and take what she might want. We'll see.

Today, I will watch another Penn State football game. This time, they will beat Indiana. I also plan to watch PJ Fleck and his Minnesota Gophers play Iowa this afternoon. I see no reason why they shouldn't win their 10th game this season and remain undefeated.

Enjoy your weekend everybody....

No comments:

Post a Comment