Friday, November 15, 2019

Overtime Really Kicks In

I received another email last night announcing another overtime opportunity at Amazon. Today could be overtime in addition to tomorrow which is mandatory. I signed up for a half day for today - 12:30-6 PM - so I will definitely have my fill of that place by tomorrow night. Actually, I plan to resign after tomorrow night. It isn't worth the physical stress to continue. I am not young anymore and Josie mentioned that every one of the workers we saw was in his/her 20's or 30's and very few as old as 50. There were definitely no workers in their 70's. It's almost over.

I took the truck in for the repairs yesterday AM and the expectation is that it will take 2 weeks to complete. That is OK as we have the second car and Josie will need it for her work - probably beginning sometime next week. The point is that we could not both work with just the one vehicle being available.

We have some belt tightening planned and expect to get things under control following the truck repair....

No comments:

Post a Comment