Thursday, November 14, 2019

Overtime Kicks In

Amazon is known for the mandatory overtime that is required each year during Peak Season. It is incredible how that company can stock millions of products, employ thousands of workers, create all kinds of unnecessary costs and handle overhead that seems like child's play to us and still make billions of dollars in profit. That time has arrived as I was informed that I must work this Saturday - my first overtime day. Of course, all workers on overtime will receive time-and-a-half for the 10 hours. That translates into $225 for my one day effort on Saturday.

I will be looking at all options these next two days as I don't especially care for the commute or working alone without Josie. I will definitely work Saturday, but next week may or may not happen depending on what happens the next two days. Josie is waiting to talk to the flower shop owner about her schedule.

The truck goes into the collision shop this morning to get the repairs done from the tire blowout. I don't know how long it will take, but I'm hoping for a quick repair as we will have to get along with just the Escape until it's finished.

Josie went to the doctor yesterday and he said she was severely dehydrated which probably resulted in her problems. She will have some bloodwork done today and she also has to get an x-ray on her problem knee. Hopefully, we can get her back to normal soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment