Thursday, November 29, 2018

Leak Repaired

I did some research of plumbers yesterday before settling on a recommendation from Angie's List. I have had great success with contractors from that source and decided to go forward with one that had excellent ratings. They showed up at my door within about one hour from contact. They looked at the problem and quoted a repair cost of $385 if repaired using galvanized pipe, or $315 if he used plastic. I told him the price was too high and that I would get another quote from another source. He then sharpened his pencil and asked what I thought it should be worth since he was already here. Without knowing what would be a fair price, I suggested $250, for a galvanized pipe repair. He called is boss and we had a deal.

These are the shots - before and after:



It is now fixed and I have a two year warranty on the repair. I guess I am satisfied.


I made a trip to Home Depot in the afternoon and closed a deal on the new refrigerator that Josie and I had seen at the Home Depot in Naperville. We also got the Black Friday deal which was excellent. That price ends today, so we had to move on it yesterday. It will be delivered on Thursday, December 6. Our old (current) refrigerator should make it for another week with all the loud noises it is making. It's kind of funny that all the appliances in our home are covered by the homeowner warranty we were given by our realtor when we bought the house - except for the refrigerator! Hmm.

We ended the day with another fabulous Arizona sunset:




No comments:

Post a Comment