Thursday, September 6, 2018

Mini Crisis Situations

I have been experiencing a worsening problem with one of my hearing aids over the last couple of weeks. It seems that the volume has steadily declined to the point where I needed my Audiologist' opinion. Yesterday, I received the bad news that the microphones were failing in the one hearing aid and it would be a very expensive fix to rectify. Not what I expected or wanted to hear. To make a long story short, I got all the information on replacing both hearing aids with new ones and feel like the best decision I can make is to bite the bullet and acquire a new pair. These hearing aids are almost seven years old, out of warranty and expected to continue to be a cash cow for the foreseeable future. More on that as I get closer to finalizing the deal.

Josie came home from work frazzled almost to tears. Her commute, already difficult and stressful, is made worse now with the sun rising and setting in her face every day as the days grow shorter. She drives east - into the rising sun - each morning, and drives west - into the setting sun - each evening. This creates even more traffic congestion than is normal. I feel bad for her but I can't do much of anything - except provide emotional support - to get her through these situations.

Are we having fun yet??...

No comments:

Post a Comment