Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Local Stuff

We had talked about taking our first trip to Idaho Falls this season but decided to save the gas. There really wasn't enough reason to go as far as shopping, so the day was spent doing local stuff.

Josie did our laundry in our "free" laundry room here at the Elk Refuge. I did some stitching on my new piece that I started for next year (or for whatever). In the afternoon, we drove to the post office to pick up our mail. The RV park in AZ is forwarding our mail to this location and yesterday was the first time we received those items. While out on that errand, we drove past the Gros Ventre drainage where the moose like to hang out. We saw one that was too far away to photograph, so we'll wait until we can get closer. We also took advantage of our second day off to just hang-out and not do much of anything. I took out the grill and we had a couple burgers for dinner.

There was a balloon spotted over the mountains this morning and I grabbed a quick shot:


I bet that there are some spectacular views from that location. The balloon took off in Idaho, so the riders are seeing the Tetons from the back side.

I'll end this post with a couple photos we took while on our drives through the park and while getting the mail yesterday:



Not too shabby, right?...


No comments:

Post a Comment