Sunday, May 7, 2017

Kentucky Derby Day

It was hard for me to get excited about the Kentucky Derby this year. There were no "standout" horses or horses that were overwhelming favorites to cheer for in the race. None of the horses - with the exception of maybe Patch that ran with only one eye - had a story that made you want to root for them. Always Dreaming won the race on a very muddy track, with off and on rain, and it was kind of a ho-hum race experience. I guess some years are like that.

Josie made it home from work in time to watch the race, but is off and running again today with an earlier start at 8 AM. This is the tough week for her.

I tried to do the installation yesterday for our replacement water inlet on the RV and couldn't finish the job. There is very little room to get my tools in a position to remove the old one, so I had to call my friend, Doug, the RV Repair guy in our park. He couldn't make it out to fix it yesterday, but I made an appointment to have it done on Monday while Josie and I go to her doctor for an epidural shot before she goes to work. Since it is an outside job, we don't have to be here for him to do the switching of the old device with the new one. That, once it is done, will wrap up the repairs that we will have done before leaving next week...


No comments:

Post a Comment