Sunday, December 11, 2016

Cross Stitch Conflict

As most everybody knows, I try to do a cross each year with a native Indian theme. This year is no exception. I started a new one in October to hopefully get completed before we leave here in the Spring. For the last five years I have entered one in the Teton County Fair in Jackson Hole, WY, in the summer - and have won. I may have a tough time completing one in time this year.

The subject I chose for this year is entitled The Dove and is a young Indian girl holding a dove - pictured below:


As I stitched along, I began to see startling differences in the colors from the chart and the actual DMC floss colors in the subject. Below, you can see the color differences in the project so far:


I stopped stitching and sent an email to the manufacturer containing the above information, with photos, asking for an explanation of the differences and a refund for the chart which I am using for the project. I have never seen such a problem in any cross stitch project I have ever done. This puts me about three months behind schedule for completing one in time for the summer. They responded to my email with a statement that they are looking into the problem and have agreed that there is a problem.

In the meantime, I have found another project that I can possibly get completed by the summer. I had to order special fabric - online - so the start of this new project is being delayed until that is received, probably late this week.

So, in between all of our other activities, I try to keep up with my cross stitching interests.

Today is a big football game between the Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks. The game begins at 1:35 PM on the FOX network. Also, the Cardinals and Dolphins are on the same station before the Seahawks. What a great football day ahead...


No comments:

Post a Comment