Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Truck Damage Appraisal

My appointment for the truck damage appraisal was for 10 AM yesterday. When I arrived at the location in Anthem, the receptionist had no idea who I was, nor did she have any information for my appointment. Wonderful. Eventually, after about 20 minutes, they found some information on the appointment which was made over one month ago.

The appraisal didn't take very long and the assessed damage was not that great - $1092. If you look at the damage you wouldn't think that it would cost half that amount. Of course, the whole vehicle collision market is a scam anyway. It is a way for companies to get outrageous money from insurance companies to fatten their profits - and raise insurance premiums. Fortunately, I don't have to pay any of the repair costs as it wasn't my fault.

Josie and I then went and got haircuts which is something we had to do before our scheduled trip to Chicago. We have a week to go before that trip that we are looking forward to.

We will meet for lunch today with one of Josie's friends, Terri Veatch, who is the person that visited my father's grave in the Netherlands this summer and obtained all the information for us, including a photo of his grave. We owe her a huge thank-you for her efforts to do that for us on her own time.

It looks like we are getting closer to getting out of the 90's. Our forecast shows a steady drop each day until next week when we hope to say goodbye to the 90's...

No comments:

Post a Comment