Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Errands in Surprise

Our schedule yesterday took us to Surprise for an appointment and other errands. We were astonished at the progress made on the road improvements at Grand Ave and Bell Rd in Surprise where the overpass is well along in its construction. The 4+ months we were gone have made a big difference in the progress and it will be a huge improvement to the area.

My appointment at the Audiologist lasted 1.5 hours which was a unexpected. I had my annual hearing test - slightly worse than last year, but not by much. I was shown the new technology in hearing aids which is waterproof and sealed receivers and rechargeable batteries. Of course. the costs keep going up as a new set for me would run $5800. Sheesh! Not only that, but Medicare nor insurance covers them. I will need to win the lottery to get a new pair. I also had to send in one of the hearing aids back to the factory to get a new earpiece made as mine was damaged from internal wax. I will get that back in about one week.

We went to the TNT Car Wash in Surprise and had the truck cleaned. It had a lot of dirt from the trip south and we also had a coffee spot removed from the floor. We are set to go again with a clean vehicle.

Our final chore was to visit a couple locations to try to get an inexpensive table and chairs for our outside. We found some, and have that problem solved. We'll have some photos when we get everything set up.

Today we will get the truck appraised for the damage received when we were rear-ended in Jackson. I don't see any major work to be done but we will find out today...

No comments:

Post a Comment