Thursday, July 9, 2015

Inspection Done

The City Inspector was at the house by shortly after 8 AM yesterday to inspect the gas line that was installed on Tuesday. He didn't do much investigating or testing before completing the green tag and putting it on the meter as approved. I immediately called the installer and we aren't getting the gas connected until Friday morning which is kind of a bummer. At least we still have our electric stove to use until then. I don't know what they pay these inspectors, but it sure seems like an easy job.

We made great progress in the house yesterday and Josie hung a lot of pictures and a couple mirrors in addition to emptying more boxes. I did another assembly of a bookcase and together we have it just about licked. We are about ready to entertain and have visitors where everybody will have a seat to sit on and a clear shot with no boxes obstructing a view in any room. All of this has opened our eyes to the obvious problem - we have way too much stuff and will have to unload a lot of goods in the near future.

I have my MRI scheduled this morning and Josie has a consultation scheduled with her doctor at the same time. I'm not crazy about going in and out of the tube for this procedure, so I'll be glad when it's all over...

No comments:

Post a Comment