Friday, May 15, 2015

Tough Day Physically

I was fine until it became time to leave for work at 6 AM yesterday. I developed a stomach ache that seemed to be getting worse, and along with a fever. Of course, I had to go into work as there is nobody else that would available to do the early shift at Sam's Club. I felt progressively worse as the morning continued, and by 9 AM I spoke with my manager and asked if he couldn't get a replacement for me. There was no way that I could make it until 3:15 PM. To make a long story short, it wasn't until 11:15 before somebody was able to cover my shift for me and I went home. I ate absolutely nothing all day as I had no appetite and finally the fever broke last evening.

A couple weeks ago there was a recall on Blue Bell Ice Cream and we had just purchased a half gallon before the recall. We kept the ice cream thinking that we were far away from the outbreak of Listeria (Texas and Oklahoma) and we also purchased it about a week before the recall. I suspect that maybe I got a dose of Listeria yesterday as I had all the symptoms and we had some of that ice cream before going to bed on Wednesday night. That was a foolish thing to do as we would have gotten a refund on the ice cream if we had taken it back. Listeria is not anything to fool around with, especially for young kids and older people. I guess I fall into the latter category.

I'm feeling much better this morning except my whole body is itching. I have no idea what may have caused that. Poor Josie had a day off yesterday and spent it doing laundry and catering to my ills. Bless her. She works today and tomorrow then has Sunday off while I work three days in a row through Monday. Maybe we will make some adjustments in our work schedule after we get into the house and get settled...

No comments:

Post a Comment