Friday, May 8, 2015

Overdue Car Servicing

We have been so busy and paying attention to all of the housing stuff that we have neglected to service our vehicles. That is one thing we hate to forget and that is to service the cars after every 3K or 4K miles. Especially here in AZ where the temperatures get so high, it is especially important.

I went to the Meineke car servicing location in Surprise which is where we always had our oil changes done in the past. They were booked and had no openings when I arrived at 11 AM, but after I told him how far I came to get service - from Lake Pleasant - he changed his tune and said he would try to squeeze us in around lunchtime. I went to the Sam's Club up the street to get a few things and then returned at near noon. While I went across the street to get some lunch at the local Subway, they pulled the Escape into the bay and had the oil change done by 1 PM. I used to go to Jiffy Lube, or the dealership for this service, but prices have risen so much at those places we decided to switch to Meineke years ago. They do a great job and have very good reviews for around $30 including tax.

Josie is really working hard now at the flower shop. She worked 12 hours yesterday and has to be into work by 6:30 AM today to pull runs for the drivers. Normally, I would be helping out over the Mother's Day weekend but this year I have so many things to take care of with the house, I had to keep my days open to respond to any issues. Maybe next year.

I stopped in the office yesterday to inform them of our move, and got all the info on extending our stay for another month along with getting the storage information. They were surprised that we were not going to renew for another year and they will have our space to lease to another Rv'er around the middle of June. Now, I need to schedule a mover for our goods that are in storage. I hope to take care of that today...

No comments:

Post a Comment