Sunday, May 17, 2015

Almost Normal

I worked the full day yesterday at Sam's Club without incident. It was amazing to me how many of my fellow employees knew about my illness on Thursday and asked how I was doing. They all heard about it as I set off an alarm at the rear exit when I left work that day and the management crew watched me walk to my car on the parking lot security camera and sit in my car for awhile before driving off. I explained the circumstances in detail to them and they all understood but were concerned about my ability to drive and make it home safely as I was definitely disoriented. It made me feel good that so many people cared.

During my first break yesterday, I picked up some Benadryl at the Club Pharmacy to see if it would help with my itching. It seems to have made a difference as I slept well last night and had very little "itching" during the night. I don't have to go into work until 1:30 PM today, so I should be just about at 100%.

Josie has started packing some boxes in the fifth wheel for our move and you might say she is super anxious. We aren't closing on the house for eleven more days, but she feels like she has to begin getting things together. The problem I have with getting an early start on packing is that there really isn't any place in the fifth wheel - or outside, for that matter - to store any packed boxes even on a temporary basis.

Both of us are chomping-at-the-bit to get things going and these last couple weeks are really killing us. I know that once the closing occurs, the floodgates will open and we will be rushing to get things done...

No comments:

Post a Comment