Friday, April 23, 2010

Short Day Ends Week

The work week for us ended yesterday at 1 PM. The schedule has been just OK for us because of the short days and the one split day like yesterday. We have requested that the managers consider 3 full 9 hour days and just one short day instead of the schedule we have now. That would give everybody 3 days off, work the same total hours and eliminate 2 of the short days. We'll see if that flies.

I have been struggling with a fungus of some kind on the side of my left foot for several months now with no sign of it going away with medications/creams I have been applying. Yesterday I decided to go to the Dermatologist in Lincoln City to get it treated properly once and for all. I should have known that I couldn't just walk in and get someone to see me. Even though it is in a Clinic, I need to make an appointment. These Doctors, at least the Dermatologists, only come to Lincoln City 2 days a week from their main location in Salem. The earliest appointment I can get in Lincoln City is in June, and the earliest I can get in at Salem is May 5th. Sheesh! I made the appointment in May at Salem. In the meantime, I guess I'll continue to use the over the counter creams to keep the itching under control.

Today is the day we take the TV in for repair. It seems like the best chance for us to get the work done under warranty is in Portland. We have to take the TV into their shop this morning, have the problem diagnosed, and wait while they perform the repair. It beats the $300 charge we were quoted for a service call to Lincoln City. Taking out the TV is no small task either. I have to label all the cables so that I can reconnect the thing when we get back and there is a bracket that needs to be taken off that holds the TV in the compartment in the fifth wheel. Here's hoping I can get the TV reinstalled properly when we get back, assuming they are able to fix it today. We already told them we couldn't leave it so they are prepared to complete the work. We'll let you know about that tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment