Sunday, April 18, 2010

Finishing Up the Home Chores

This is the first time that I can remember since we hit the road that we didn't go anywhere on the 2 days off that we had this week. The morning started out yesterday wet and windy and we just didn't feel like rushing through breakfast to go someplace. Actually, it is OK though, since we had an opportunity to finish up some much needed organization inside the fifth wheel that we have been ignoring for a long time. I finished up with the filing and magazines and Josie reorganized the drawers and cabinets in the kitchen. Of course, this morning is clear and we have to go to work at 8 AM for the first of our 2 long days this week.

In addition to providing office support and maintaining the spa, my duties are suppose to include light maintenance and grounds support. I haven't done much in the way of grounds support since we arrived because they hired an individual to do landscape maintenance right after we arrived. He is doing everything that I was suppose to do outside. That is until today. I briefly spoke with Jim, our manager, yesterday and he indicated that he wanted me to spread fertilizer today on all the grassy areas around the sites. He thinks this morning will be a good time for that since there is no rain forecast until late today or tomorrow. That's fine with me as I can use the exercise and it also helps to fill the otherwise slow day.

The weekends are starting to fill up the campground and that's a good sign. I look outside this morning and see that almost all of our pull-through sites (7) are occupied. We can also see several rigs on the upper level that are what we call "premium ocean view" sites that are occupied. I'll be getting some pictures of the Resort to show everybody how nice it is as soon as the weather cooperates and our plants are in full bloom. That time is fast approaching so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment