Sunday, December 27, 2009

Not So Exciting Work

The job that was so much fun in the beginning is turning into very strenuous, not so exciting work. Yesterday was spent mostly working on the horseshoe pits backstops and I mixed and poured concrete for the bases of these pits. Needless to say, I was exhausted at the end of the day. The only other thing that I did was level another trailer and replace one of the jacks that was broken. Josie was right when she told me I have only worked office jobs my whole life and this outdoor, physical stuff is new. Another problem is that we only get a half hour for lunch and no breaks during the day. Oh, well.

Josie's first day alone at home was not so boring. She went shopping, to the post office and to the bank. The day after Christmas truly is the best time to get bargains. She bought a bag full of clothes from Kohl's, and with all her discount coupons and items on sale, spent only $14. How can you beat that?

Today is another work day for me and then tomorrow we are taking a trip to Aliso Viejo - near the coast - to visit my niece, Debby and her kids. George and Cheryl are also there so we are looking forward to spending some relaxing time with them. I hope it warms up a little as the temperature this morning was 37 degrees. That is way too cold for Palm Springs. The good thing though is that we have had no measurable precipitation since we've been here. Take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment