Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Getting Ready for Next Year

Since yesterday was the last day off until the new year, it was spent mostly getting things that we need for the new year. We use mileage log books for both vehicles to keep track of our mileage and service, and also to track gas purchases throughout the year. We have been doing this for many years because of taxes, but now we do it for our own information and because it was a good habit to record our miles every day. The other thing we needed was a weekly/monthly planner. I have been getting a high quality desktop planner for free from local Title companies while I was selling real estate, but now I have to buy my own. Of course, I bought the "cheap" desktop planner for around $10 whereas the ones I've been used to getting for free would cost me around $25. It will hold the same information. I guess we are ready for the new year - at least from a record keeping standpoint.

The day was otherwise spent just hanging out at home. Josie did some laundry and we talked about some different options for our Workamping future. We would both like to cut back on the time we work and we think we might be able to do that when Josie begins collecting her early Social Security in July. Of course, it all depends on health care costs for her. Who knows what direction the government is going with that issue, but we know it won't impact us for at least a couple years. By then, Josie will probably be on Medicare and it won't matter as much.

It's back to work for me today. Two more days and then I get New Year's day off. The time sure flies by when your not working. It doesn't seem like I had two days off, but when I look at the calendar, it says I did. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment