Monday, December 7, 2009

Final Work day

The time we spent working yesterday morning was as expected - uneventful. The 4 hours we worked seemed like 14 hours. It was boring. I even came back to the rig to pick up my laptop and took it to the office so we could at least listen to the music that I have on my I-Tunes site (used for my IPOD), and to do some reorganizing of my picture files. Josie also likes to play spider solitaire on the system. It was work for pay though, so that made it easier.

Today we woke up to something different around here - rain. It's not a lot, but it's the first rain since we arrived in Southern California. Although we haven't been outside yet, I'm guessing that the little bit of moisture will have us tracking sand everywhere. The owner and manager are headed to El Centro this morning for a court date. We were asked to cover for them while they are gone, so this could be a long day. They are on the "docket" for 9:45 AM but that only means that the hearing is scheduled for sometime today. As this is our last work day, we are hoping that they are called early.

It shouldn't be too difficult for us to get things packed and ready to leave on Thursday. Having stayed here for such a short time, we didn't get a lot of things out of our basement that we would have gotten out had we stayed longer. We are now anxious to move on to Palm Springs and a new challenge...

No comments:

Post a Comment