Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Closing In On Christmas

After a slow morning of just watching the Today Show and reading our newspaper, I finally decided to get the fifth wheel washed. That took some preparation that I hadn't counted on. The extra hose was in the back of the truck which we parked near the lodge to make more room on our site. Since I had to get the hose, it was decided we should take a ride over to the post office to see if we received any mail yet from Florida. Of course, yesterday was the busiest day at the post office all year with people mailing packages. I waited, and I waited, and I waited. There was no mail yet after all of that. The next challenge after getting back home was to unload the basement storage area to get to my bucket and brush to use. Finally, after about an hour, I was able to wash the rig. It now looks super and the dust and sand are all gone.

While I was washing the fifth wheel, Josie made several batches of cookies for Christmas. That's great except it's just the two of us that will be eating them. We'll have to send some to our grand kids. It is a tradition every Christmas though to bake cookies so we are getting into the spirit. We only have a couple packages to send ourselves - which are almost ready - and they should still arrive before Christmas if we can get them mailed by Thursday. We are all set otherwise with all our decorations up and Christmas CD's and DVD's ready to play.

Since we got sidetracked a little bit with our move here, I haven't done any more research on Medicare Supplemental Insurance or Advantage programs, so that is on the agenda for today. I still have until January 1 to sign up, but I want to have that done asap. We are also going to check into some Christmas programs that we may go see in the area.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment