Friday, August 17, 2018

About Paribus

About a month ago, I joined a free service that has already begun saving us money. It is called "Paribus", and it is a Capital One Group company that tracks your online purchases for price reductions on items you purchased from companies such as: Amazon, Macy's, Nordstrom, Old Navy. Walmart, Gap and Target. (REVIEW) As you recall, we recently purchased a small refrigerator (online) from Home Depot. I received an email from Paribus a couple days ago informing me of a price drop (15%) in the refrigerator that fell within the 14 day period following the purchase to become eligible for refund. They even included a phone number to call to have the refund credited back to us. I called the number, and within 5 minutes my credit card was credited for the $53.50 refund. I never would have otherwise known about it. Wow!

Josie is still dealing with different routes for her commute to and from work. Yesterday, she tried another way home and it didn't save her any time but relieved some of the stress she feels while on the freeways. There are several of those non-freeway routes that she is trying out so maybe she will find the right combination soon.

The monsoon storms are still threatening each day and it also is still muggy and humid almost every day. I don't remember the monsoon season being so relentless with the storms, winds and humidity in the years past. I do remember periods during the summer when they were active, but this year seems like they are non-stop. Only about a month to go...




No comments:

Post a Comment